Since today’s Top Five Wednesday is Harry Potter themed – and I haven’t read the series and therefore don’t understand what the type of list I’d be making, I decided to recycle an older Top 5 Wednesday; Future Classics.
Unfortunately I will not be providing an explanation as to why I believe these books will, one day, be considered ‘classics’.
5. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
4. The Dying Grass by William Vollmann
3. The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro / Blindness & Seeing by Jose Saramago
2. My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante (The entire series)
1. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
These books have within themselves the power to stand the test of time I believe – which is why I do not feel the need to try and persuade anyone why one day they may very well be considered classics.